Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Blogging Virginity

So, I'm going to start my first blog ever with the word, "So."
To be honest, I've been somewhat against these things since they first came out. I don't know - I guess the idea that some people think that the entire internet gives a damn about what they have to say kind of annoys me. But, alas, here I am, barking right up that alley. In my defense I would actually prefer having nobody read this blog rather than having everyone read this blog. What the hell do I know about anything? I don't even have a drivers' license... It's a joke that I can vote.
So then what's my reason for starting this blog? Well, some girl was talking about how she blogs a bunch so I decided to humor her and say things like "Wow, you know now that you say it, it doesn't sound absolutely stupid." Regardless of how I got here, the important thing is that I am here: Tired, lonely and out of my element at 2:13 A.M. on a Sunday (technically). Bored as fuck (As if there was any doubt after acknowledging that it's only "technically" a Sunday?)
I'm sure you're thinking, "So why the hell should I read what you have to say?"
I get it. Your time is precious and you're much better than I am because you know how blogs "work". Why should you even waste your time reading my blog if I haven't even determined what the fuck my blog is even going to be about (which, by the way, I haven't done). I guess I just decided that I like writing and hearing my own voice just like all of those other douches who have been keeping websites like this one alive for far too long.
I'm really not an angry person. I'm aware that I have, for some reason, only come across as a self-deprocating cynic, apparently furious with everything lame in this world. But don't get me wrong, I understand the many fruits that come with global communication and data sharing and cyber hand-holding or whatever. I have grown up in the tech-saavy generation, after all.

So maybe rather than dwell on the fact that I am grossly unqualified to write a blog, I should instead start thinking about what this blog should be about? Or, better yet, maybe I should ask you what I should write about? Does that seem too peachy: using a classic technique to engage the reader after I've clearly exposed myself as a fraud? Probably.
Well, I guess I'll just take this blog for what it is: Insert Topic Here.
I suggest you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment