Friday, October 12, 2012

Milton's Tempest

My arms spans wide
To capture heaven’s energy.
Spin, stab, rip, roar.
Meager globe, wrapped in clay,
I cut your palms, whip my steed and
Victory dance the coast for ruin.


God of my soil – Lament!
Lo! Spoiled fruit.
Neptune breaches clay with trident,
Seven days followed Satan’s pursuit.
Such is the fate of my fruit, for
Breached by Neptune, these hills
Meet wet steel of brute sword;
He plucks the virgin daffodils.


This unrelenting hunger,
Rape earthen clay-bound daughter.
Pluck, pierce, force, fear.
I bring the night’s shade
To cover phallic justice of
Wind, water, and wrath.


Blind invocation! Light!
Bard! or uncouth swain!
A winded fist meets plight.
Ride Mercury’s wings
‘cross the shallow seas and plain.
Now all is mortal, thus servile kings.
Those that you may choose,
Take tidings with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment